Nestlé's 2011 Creating Shared Value Report Highlights Nutrition, Sustainability, and Corporate Social ResponsibilityCreating Shared Value Report emphasizing a business strategy that is focused on the "long-term creation of value for society." This business strategy includes incorporating the concepts of nutrition, sustainability, and corporate social responsibility into its operations.
Nestlé S.A. is a multinational corporation headquartered in Switzerland. Nestlé USA is Nestlé S.A.’s largest market with combined product sales in the United States in 2011 totaling more than $24 billion. Nestlé USA operates in 47 states and employs over 51,000 Americans. It has 5 main lines of business:
- Lean Cuisine®
- Nestlé® PureLife®
- Nestlé® Tollhouse®
- Nestlé ® Pure Life®
- Poland Spring®
- commencement of operations under Nestlé Health Science S.A. and the Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences;
- reduction of sodium in its product lines (e.g. in Stouffer’s®)
- reduction of portion sizes, sugars, and fats in its candy snacks (e.g. in Skinny Cow™)
- Nestlé USA has reduced water and energy use on a production volume basis
- acquisition of Prometheus Laboratories Inc., a leading U.S. gastrointestinal diagnostics company based in San Diego, CA.
- Nestlé USA teamed with the National Education Association to launch Healthy Steps for Healthy Lives. This is a program for children in grades kindergarten through third that provides education on how to eat for nutrition and health. It is based on the USDA’s MyPlate program.
- Nestlé Waters North America partnered with Keep America Beautiful® to sponsor Recycle-Bowl, the first nationwide recycling competition for elementary, middle and high school students.